Happy Wednesday! How you start your day a key indicator in how your day is going to be. If you are not a morning person this might sound alarming but like anything else you can reprogram your brain to wake up happy!!
What is the first thing that you do when your alarm goes off? (Besides snooze??). So here is a simple practice that I recommend doing every morning to start your day off happily:
1) Acknowledge that it is morning and a new day; a new opportunity to do something great
2) Find something (anything) to express gratitude for (see yesterday's post)
3) Find something in your day that you are excited about (even if it's just that you made it to hump day!)
4) Read or listen to something that makes you happy; either a song, a poem or a meditation. There are fantastic books with daily inspirational quotes. I always keep one on my nightstand and reach for it first thing every morning.
5) Find something visually appealling. It could be a picture or art. I have a prism that I can see a rainbow in. It does the trick
6). Move! Stretch, do some jumping jacks, something
If done properly (😉) this should take about 3 minutes. Try it (but make sure you stay with it. It takes 21 days to create a new habit). Let me know how it goes and I really hope you have a fantastic day!
The one constant in life is change. How we navigate that change is who we are. Creating sustainable change is a more deliberate action and gives us the life we want. This is what my practice and my life mission is all about. All of my life experiences, work history and spiritual journey have lead me to this path - to help others create transformation in their lives and live lives that they love.